If you don't see images in this message, click "Display Images" or the equivalent.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Receive this as a forward? Get the Nooner in your e-mail box
THE Nooner for August 26, 2017
Well, hello there. Frankly, my head is not in California today. Instead, I'm all in Texas. I've never lived in Texas, but it represents the core of the paternal side of my family. As I mentioned yesterday, we have a very rustic family ranch there that was bought by my grandfather and his buddies and later subdivided.
I plan to spend Christmas there with my dad and look forward to sitting outside by the fire. I don't usually agree with TX politics, but I love me some downtime with a dark sky and howling of coyotes. I'm not a big hunter, but also believe that if you are a meat-eater and advocate for non-factory farms, than there's an obligation on the consumer. And, there's nothing better than being with your dad on open land.
My aunt--who lives in my grandparents' house north of Houston--is in the direct path of the outer band that is under tornado warning. That's what keeps me attuned to CNN this morning, something I thought only POTUS did.
#CAKEDAY: Happy birthday to Marva Diaz, Clark Kelso, Randi Knott, Nathan Mintz, and Barbara O'Connor!
- Join Sacramento City Unified School District President Jay Hansen for a breakfast reception on Monday, August 28 at 8 a.m. at the old Vallejo's restaurant (4th and S). Sponsorship opportunites at $250/$100/$75/$50/$35. Checks payable to Jay Hansen for School Board or contribute online at rally.org/hansen4boe#! FPPC ID #1357755. Hosted by Sacramento-Sierra Building Trades, AFL-CIO. For more info, contaact Jay at (916) 505-3158 or email@example.com.
- The 2017 Pride Awards is next Wednesday, August 30, 5:30 to 9:00 p.m., at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria. It's not too late to join us and celebrate our wonderful champions of equality and justice- Eleni Kounalakis, Consulate General of Mexico in Sacramento, Nic Caballero, Maya Steinhart, and Wayne Panepento. Be sure to buy your tickets and table before they sell out! This year we are going all out with two charismatic co-hosts, Scott Nevins of Bravo TV and Cambi Brown of Good Day Sacramento. There are many exciting elements planned for the evening, including a VIP reception, an amazing array of live and silent auction items, a delectable 3-course dinner by Hannibal’s Catering, and a well-staffed bar inside the beautiful Tsakopoulos Library Galleria. Tickets and tables for the event can be purchased here.
County Welfare Directors Association seeks two proactive, dynamic professionals to join our team. 1. Outreach & Communications Coordinator: Lead responsibility for developing communications strategies regarding key policy and budget issues, managing media relations, generating social media content, updating and maintaining association website and blog, other communications and outreach tasks. 2. Senior Policy Analyst, Self Sufficiency: Lead role with respect to policy analysis and program support for family self-sufficiency issues, including public assistance, employment, nutrition and child care programs, as well as broader overarching issues such as poverty, homelessness and housing insecurity. More information, how to apply: www.cwda.org/job-opportunities
Celebration of the 15th Anniversary of the CA LGBT Legislative Caucus:
VIP reception benefiting Equality California PAC
on Tuesday, September 5from 5-7pm at the Crest Theatre (1013 K St). Join EQCA, members of the LGBT Caucus and other members of the legislature to celebrate the importance of electing LGBT and pro-equality candidates to office. Sponsorship and ticket information can be found at bit.ly/2vHUhGl
. The reception will be followed by a free community screening of the documentary Political Animals
. For more info, contact Tony Hoang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attorney General’s Office
is seeking a subject matter expert in areas such as civil law, criminal law, public rights and law enforcement. The Advocate represents the Department of Justice on legislative matters before the State Legislature. The job can be viewed here
- Five Corners Strategies, a corporate public affairs firm that specializes in grassroots campaigns, is seeking an experienced Project Director to work on various corporate campaigns in the San Francisco Bay area. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years’ experience in grassroots organizing, coalition building, corporate communications and project management. Experience working with the City of San Francisco and Bay area community associations and trade associations is preferred. Interested candidates can apply here: fivecornersstrategies.com/careers/
Consultant Position at TBWB Strategies, San Francisco Based Political Consulting Firm — TBWB Strategies is a strategy and communications consulting firm specializing in public finance ballot measures to secure much needed funding for schools, cities, parks, open space, libraries, transportation, healthcare and more. Consultants serve in a project management role on the client services team at TBWB Strategies, reporting directly to partners and providing strategic guidance, maintaining daily client contact, developing messaging, managing staff and overseeing materials production for multiple projects simultaneously. Interested candidates can apply here: TBWBH.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3
Sacramento Area Council of Government (SACOG)
Policy Manager - Responsible for all aspects of SACOG's state and federal relations
Monthly Salary: $8,307 - $11,935
Details, to apply here. www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sacog.
Digital Marketing Manager at Save The Bay in Oakland, CA – Save The Bay is the largest regional organization working to protect, restore, and celebrate San Francisco Bay. The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing all online marketing, fundraising campaigns, and advertising. You’ll collaboratively devise strategies that rapidly scale and optimize marketing capabilities to tell our story and inspire action. As a brand guardian, you’ll work across departments to support programmatic communications needs, delivering excellence across all digital touch points and ensure consistent, effective messaging. Interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Paid internship involving campaigns for Republican candidates, statewide initiatives & issue advocacy. Those with previous job/internship experience & strong writing/research skills will be given preference. Compensation is hourly & DOE. Please send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deputy Vice President, State Government Affairs Reporting to Vice President, State Government Affairs. Will be responsible for developing and implementing state legislative strategies in support of PhRMA's priorities in California. Competitive compensation package. Contact Jeff Young, email@example.com.
- Associate Position at TBWB Strategies, San Francisco Based Political Consulting Firm — TBWB Strategies is a strategy and communications consulting firm specializing in public finance ballot measures to secure much needed funding for schools, cities, parks, open space, libraries, transportation, healthcare and more. Associates are responsible for a combination of direct client service and support for the client services team at TBWB Strategies. Associates are expected to keep projects on track, meet deadlines and prepare materials — including direct mail — for each client. Interested candidates can apply here: bwbh.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=2
- Chariot Campaigns, Bay Area-based GOP consulting firm, seeks both entry and experienced campaign account support. Excellent writing skills required. $48k-$96k salary. Resume and cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Association of Health Facilities is seeking a CEO/President (Sacramento) to lead the largest state association representing long-term care providers. Looking for a candidate with broad and extensive experience managing a complex organization, including advanced skills in administration, executive/senior management, finance and/or government relations. Familiarity in navigating state government, legislative and regulatory processes. Strong financial background; understanding of health care delivery models and provider reimbursement methodologies, state rate-setting processes helpful. Connectivity with state decision makers and policy makers is key. Salary DOE. Send resume/cover letter to email@example.com.
- The University of California Office of the President is seeking an Associate Director of State Budget Relations in Sacramento. The Associate Director (AD) provides expertise, analysis, political strategy and advocacy related to UC's budget on behalf of the University. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the functions, organizations, structure and procedures of UC and experience with the executive and legislative branches of California government. Highly competitive salary and benefits. Learn more and apply here apptrkr.com/1028964
CA School Boards Assn- Grassroots Field Organizer (San Diego). This position serves as CSBA’s liaison to local school and county boards of education, key decision-makers and the community-at-large, and is responsible for implementing CSBA’s grassroots program, establishing relationships, and facilitating local and regional outreach and activation efforts. Communicates about issues in education that require familiarity with educational laws, regulations and trends. Executes grassroots strategies designed to build relationships with, train, support and mobilize local school board members and communities to advance CSBA’s legislative and statewide ballot measure advocacy priorities. Coordinates and executes fundraising events. BOE. Details: www.csba.org/About/Careers/GrassrootsFieldOrganizerSanDiego.aspx
CA School Boards Assn- Grassroots Field Organizer (Los Angeles). This position serves as CSBA’s liaison to local school and county boards of education, key decision-makers and the community-at-large, and is responsible for implementing CSBA’s grassroots program, establishing relationships, and facilitating local and regional outreach and activation efforts. Communicates about issues in education that require familiarity with educational laws, regulations and trends. Executes grassroots strategies designed to build relationships with, train, support and mobilize local school board members and communities to advance CSBA’s legislative and statewide ballot measure advocacy priorities. Coordinates and executes fundraising events. BOE. Details: www.csba.org/About/Careers/GrassrootsFieldOrganizerLA.aspx
- Subscribe to the Capitol Morning Report and closely follow who’s doing what each day in California government and politics. We list news conferences, legislative hearings, state board meetings and other events. Plus we add in community news and announcements from political campaigns. More info at www.capitolmr.com
Add your classified of up to 100 words by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for $40/week.
Subscribe to the Capitol Morning Report and closely follow who’s doing what each day in California government and politics. We list news conferences, legislative hearings, state board meetings and other events. Plus we add in community news and announcements from political campaigns. More info at www.capitolmr.com
Add your classified of up to 100 words by emailing email@example.com for $40/week.
TOP HEADLINES ON AROUNDTHECAPITOL.COM AS OF 12:00PM