- Inside Golden State Politics (Bill Boyarsky and Sherry Jeffe): Misogyny of the on-line attacks on Vice President Kamala Harris and political women in general (2021-02-25)
- Then There's California (Senate Democratic Caucus): Senator John Laird (D-Santa Cruz), who makes a return to the Legislature (2021-02-24)
- Capitol Weekly Podcast (John Howard and Tim Foster): GOP political consultant Rob Stutzman (2021-02-22)
- Political Breakdown (Scott Shafer and Marisa Lagos @ KQED): Rep. Mark Takano (D-Riverside) on His Family's Internment History and His Agenda for Military Veterans (2021-02-18)
- The McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific - MPA/MPP
- Executive Director of Government Relations: California State University, Fresno
- California School Boards Association - Public Affairs & Community Engagement Representative (San Diego)
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific - Masters of Science in Law
The Nooner for Tuesday, March 2, 2021, presented by SYASL Partners
-tiers for fears
- Cakeday and classifieds
COVID-19: California added 212 deaths yesterday for a total of 52,212 since the pandemic began. You can see what the restrictions mean here, although local health orders may be stricter than the state's orders.
- purple (widespread): 47 counties
- red (substantial): 9 counties (Del Norte, Humboldt, Marin, Mariposa,
Plumas, San Mateo, Shasta, Trinity, and Yolo)
- orange (moderate): 2 counties (Alpine and Sierra)
From the latest CDPH release:
- vaccines reported as shipped to California: 11,724,565
- vaccines delivered to administering entities: 11,158,090
- vaccines administered: 8,772,866 (many of the "delivered" above are reserved for second doses)
more after the jumpity jump...
cakeday and classifieds after the jump...
CAKEDAY: Happy birthday to Todd Flora, Alex Hirsch, Tamara Rasberry, Libby Sanchez, Katie Villegas, and Rick Zbur!
Add your classified now both in The Nooner and online
for $50/week or $150/month by emailing
email@example.com, with a headline, a summary of up to 200 words, and what you'd like the end date to be. You can attach a PDF or provide a link for a bigger job description/info to apply. [Other advertising options]
The McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
In addition to a well-respected JD, the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, offers the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and the Master of Public Policy (MPP) degrees. Both full-time students and those earning a professional degree while working succeed in the program. Our focus on the interconnections of law, policy, management, and leadership provides unique competencies for your success. Students gain a foundation in statutory interpretation and skills in public policy making and implementation. Learn at a beautiful campus three miles from the State Capitol:
Executive Director of Government Relations: California State University, Fresno
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Director of Government Relations is responsible for all local, state and federal governmental and advocacy programs for Fresno State. The Executive Director is principally responsible for the development and management of strategies to inform and influence public policy at the local, state and federal levels on issues and in areas of interest to Fresno State and to advise Fresno State on legislative matters that may affect it. Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2149578
California School Boards Association - Public Affairs & Community Engagement Representative (San Diego)
Serve as CSBA’s liaison to local schools and county boards of education, key decision makers, and the community-at-large. Execute grassroots strategies designed to build relationships with, train, and mobilize local school board members and communities to advance CSBA’s legislative and statewide ballot measure advocacy priorities. Coordinates and executes fundraising events. Salary based on experience. This is a remote position based in San Diego County. Please apply at: https://www.csba.org/About/Careers
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
Built on the foundation of nationally ranked and world class programs, McGeorge School of Law offers an online master (MSL) degree for individuals seeking in depth knowledge of law and policy, but who do not require a traditional law degree. Our MSL’s two concentrations in Government Law & Policy and in Water & Environmental Law offer students the flexibility to work while they learn and still engage in a highly interactive master’s program. To learn more and to sign up for our monthly webinars, please visit our website, Online.McGeorge.edu, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Political Data Inc.
For 30 Years PDI has been California’s premier data vendor. Now, you can get live online trainings on the newest PDI software every week: