If you don't see images in this message, click "Display Images" or the equivalent.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Receive this as a forward? Get the Nooner in your e-mail box.
To be removed from The Nooner list, click here.
It's noon. It's time for a break. Here's what people are reading on aroundthecapitol.com today:
Add your classified now both in The Nooner and online
for $50/week or $150/month by emailing
email@example.com, with a headline, a summary of up to 200 words, and what you'd like the end date to be. You can attach a PDF or provide a link for a bigger job description/info to apply. [Other advertising options]
California Lawyers Association Executive Director (Sacramento)
California Lawyers Association (CLA) is soliciting applications for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director, based at CLA headquarters in Sacramento, is responsible to, advises and assists the CLA Board of Representatives which is responsible for Association policy, strategy, and oversight, as well as the CLA President. The Executive Director oversees CLA staff operations and is responsible for leading, managing and executing the affairs of the Association as directed by CLA’s leadership and implementing its policies to the overall benefit of the organization, its constituent entities and members.
CalTax Seeks a Research Analyst
The California Taxpayers Association (CalTax), the state's oldest and largest association representing California taxpayers, is seeking a Research Analyst to join our policy team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, and should have a background in public policy analysis, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to produce objective and thoughtful research and analysis. For details and information on how to apply, please go to https://www.caltax.org/jobs/2021-research-analyst.pdf.
Children’s Council of San Francisco is seeking an experienced Public Policy Communications Associate
The Public Policy & Advocacy Team works on early care and education issues at the local, state and federal
levels, whether legislative or budgetary. The position is based in San Francisco, three days in office and two days remote.
- In collaboration with our Public Policy Communications Director, you will advocate for the organization’s
local, state, and federal priorities—engaging in multiple simultaneous advocacy campaigns.
- Track notable legislation, assist with developing public comment and ensure we send notifications out to community
members to ensure the community has an opportunity to respond.
- Engage staff in advocacy via advocacy trainings and preparing bi-weekly staff advocacy updates
- Meet with advocacy community organizations about our advocacy work, priorities &
opportunities to collaborate
- See full job description linked below for full responsibilities
- Two to four years of experience in public affairs, public policy, advocacy, community organizing, digital
- advocacy or similar roles
- Demonstrated ability to execute legislative and administrative advocacy and/or advocacy campaigns
- Expected to attend evening and weekend meetings and travel to meetings and conferences (approximately
- 15 – 25% of time, depending on the time of year)
- Experience drafting policy update documents and emails
- Ability to read, understand, and succinctly summarize policy or legislation to different audiences
Qualified candidates should apply here: https://childrenscouncilsf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=74
The McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
In addition to a well-respected JD, the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, offers the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and the Master of Public Policy (MPP) degrees. Both full-time students and those earning a professional degree while working succeed in the program. Our focus on the interconnections of law, policy, management, and leadership provides unique competencies for your success. Students gain a foundation in statutory interpretation and skills in public policy making and implementation. Learn at a beautiful campus three miles from the State Capitol:
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
Built on the foundation of nationally ranked and world class programs, McGeorge School of Law offers an online master (MSL) degree for individuals seeking in depth knowledge of law and policy, but who do not require a traditional law degree. Our MSL’s two concentrations in Government Law & Policy and in Water & Environmental Law offer students the flexibility to work while they learn and still engage in a highly interactive master’s program. To learn more and to sign up for our monthly webinars, please visit our website, Online.McGeorge.edu, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Political Data Inc.
For 30 Years PDI has been California’s premier data vendor. Now, you can get live online trainings on the newest PDI software every week: