If you don't see images in this message, click "Display Images" or the equivalent.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Receive this as a forward? Get the Nooner in your e-mail box.
To be removed from The Nooner list, click here.
- Inside Golden State Politics (Bill Boyarsky and Sherry Jeffe): We examine the impact of the Trump impeachment trial on the country. We wonder if die-hard Republican senators will turn against the president. And we look at how Trump's behavior is impacting two California Republican members of Congress. (2021-02-12)
- Then There's California (Senate Democratic Caucus): Senator Dr. Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) on the details of the COVID 19 vaccine and equitable distribution of the vaccine and fighting the disinformation from vaccine deniers (2021-02-08)
- Capitol Weekly Podcast (John Howard and Tim Foster): Chris Micheli on lobbying during the pandemic (2021-02-07)
- This Week in California Education (EdSource): San Francisco Unified Superintendent Vincent Matthews on lawsuit by the city and CTA president E. Toby Boyd on Vaccinating Teachers (2021-02-06)
- SacTown Talks (Jarhett Blonien): Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena) (2021-02-05)
- Political Breakdown (Scott Shafer and Marisa Lagos @ KQED): Scott and Marisa talk about this week's statewide polls and then to Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia to discuss his city's success in distributing vaccines, its "hero pay" legislation, why his family idolized Ronald Reagan, overcoming self-hate after coming out as gay and losing his mother and step-father to COVID-19 last year. (2021-02-05)
- Presidential results are now available for each congressional district on the district pages.
STUDENT SUBSCRIPTIONS: I do have additional sponsored student subscriptions (normally $10) that I am matching. Any current student can email me a pic of their student ID card and be set up with a Nooner/ATCpro subscription.
The Nooner for Thursday, February 18, 2021, presented by SYASL Partners
-tiers for fears
- Cakeday and classifieds
Sorry about the last couple of days. My shoulder is again acting up and typing is not at all easy.
COVID-19: California added 62 deaths yesterday for a total of 47,116 since the pandemic began.
-tiers for fears: Here are the statuses of California's 58 counties. You can see what the restrictions mean here, although local health orders may be stricter than the state's orders.
- purple (widespread): 53 counties
- red (substantial): 2 counties (Del Norte, Mariposa)
- orange (moderate): 3 counties (Alpine, Sierra, Trinity)
Sorry, my shoulder is still kiling me!
-Governor Newsom update/announcement of A's vaccine partnership on 02/03:
-HHS Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly update on 02/02:
-HHS Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly update on 01/26:
-Governor Newsom update on 01/25:
more stories after the jump...
cakeday and classifieds after the jump...
CAKEDAY: Happy birthday to Tyler Aguilar, Jean Kinney Hurst, Chris Shultz, Burt Stillar! , and Senator Bob Wieckoski!
Add your classified now both in The Nooner and online
for $50/week or $150/month by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org, with a headline, a summary of up to 200 words, and what you'd like the end date to be. You can attach a PDF or provide a link for a bigger job description/info to apply. [Other advertising options]
Executive Director of Government Relations: California State University, Fresno
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Director of Government Relations is responsible for all local, state and federal governmental and advocacy programs for Fresno State. The Executive Director is principally responsible for the development and management of strategies to inform and influence public policy at the local, state and federal levels on issues and in areas of interest to Fresno State and to advise Fresno State on legislative matters that may affect it. Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2149578
California School Boards Association - Public Affairs & Community Engagement Representative (San Diego)
Serve as CSBA’s liaison to local schools and county boards of education, key decision makers, and the community-at-large. Execute grassroots strategies designed to build relationships with, train, and mobilize local school board members and communities to advance CSBA’s legislative and statewide ballot measure advocacy priorities. Coordinates and executes fundraising events. Salary based on experience. This is a remote position based in San Diego County. Please apply at: https://www.csba.org/About/Careers
Capitol Seminars’ Lobbying 101 Course Now Available Via Zoom
Taught by 46-year Capitol veteran Ray LeBov, this course provides a comprehensive, real-world overview of California’s Legislative process, plus the people and best practices you need to know about for effective Legislative advocacy. Capitol Seminars is the No.1 training resource for nonprofits and private sector organizations, lobbying firms, state and local government agencies and trade associations. Send us your new lobbyists, support staff, legislative committee members, executives who hire and manage lobbyists. First Zoom session is Friday February 26, 9am-1:30pm, $275. Seats are limited. Reservations: (916) 837-0208.
Further information: www.capitolseminars.net
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
Built on the foundation of nationally ranked and world class programs, McGeorge School of Law offers an online master (MSL) degree for individuals seeking in depth knowledge of law and policy, but who do not require a traditional law degree. Our MSL’s two concentrations in Government Law & Policy and in Water & Environmental Law offer students the flexibility to work while they learn and still engage in a highly interactive master’s program. To learn more and to sign up for our monthly webinars, please visit our website, Online.McGeorge.edu, or contact us at email@example.com.
Political Data Inc.
For 30 Years PDI has been California’s premier data vendor. Now, you can get live online trainings on the newest PDI software every week: