If you don't see images in this message, click "Display Images" or the equivalent.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Receive this as a forward? Get the Nooner in your e-mail box.
To be removed from The Nooner list, click here.
Become a Nooner Premium subscriber (or below buttons for Square) to access enhanced legislative profiles, exclusive election analysis, and downloadable back-end data. | Follow @scottlay
Advertise in The Nooner to reach over 8,000 readers
- Cap Impact Podcast (McGeorge School of Law): From the business perspective, Chris Micheli talks about how California's Admistrative Procedure Act can be used to challenge regulations. (2020-07-24)
- Inside Golden State Politics (Bill Boyarsky and Sherry Bebitch Jeffe): Newsom and COVID-19 (2020-07-23)
- KQED's Political Breakdown (Scott Shafer and Marisa Lagos): Jay Jordan, executive director of Californians for Safety and Justice, on Prop. 20 (repeal of criminal justice reforms) on the November ballot (2020-07-16)
- Capitol Weekly Podcast (John Howard and Tim Foster): California Teachers Association president E. Toby Boyd (2020-07-16)
The Nooner for Saturday, July 25, 2020, presented by SYASL Partners
- The Legislature
- cakeday and classifieds
GENERAL ELECTION DATA POINTS
ATCpro SUBSCRIBER UPDATES: [if you have forgotten or haven't set a password, use the forgot password tool]
- CA39 (Diamond Bar-Fullerton-Yorba Linda): updated analysis (Leans Dem)
- CA53 (SD Balboa Park-La Mesa-El Cajon): updated analysis (Safe Dem - Dem-Dem general)
¡Feliz sabado mis amigos! I am exhausted like many of you
The Giants will attempt to find a bat against the Dodgers at 1:10pm PDT today. I'm not not holding my breath.
THE LEGISLATURE: We now have Senate hearings for the week ahead. The upper house is scheduled to convene at 2pm Monday.
Wednesday, July 29:
- 9:00am: Education, Room 4203 (12 bills)
- 1:30pm: Governance and Finance, Room 4203 (16 bills)
Thursday, July 30:
- Upon adjournment: Judiciary, Room 4203 (19 bills)
Friday, July 31:
- 9:00am: Public Safety, Room 4203 (25 bills)
I for one am looking ahead to next week. I have missed hearings! Yeah, I'm a geek.
- Churches: SCOTUS said "uh, no" to a Nevada church over the state's restriction on in-person congregations during COVID. There are several similar cases in California.
- Face coverings: San Francisco has updated its regulations on face coverings. Persons over 10 years old must wear a face covering when in public.
cakeday and classifieds after the jump...
CAKEDAY: Happy birthday to Sarah Baker and Alex Zucco!
Add your classified now both in The Nooner and online
for $50/week or $150/month by emailing
email@example.com, with a headline, a summary of up to 200 words, and what you'd like the end date to be. You can attach a PDF or provide a link for a bigger job description/info to apply. [Other advertising options]
OFFICES AVAILABLE TO SUBLEASE
Between 1-3 unfurnished offices are available for sublease in the Wells Fargo office building, 400 Capital Mall Sacramento, CA 95814. The offices are approximately 12’X10’ each. Internet, gym. 24/7/365 key card access; professional offices. One year lease preferred. $1,500 per office. Contact Tricia Horan at Tricia.Horan@CALawyers.org
or 415-919-7990 with questions.
Offices available for sublease: Meridian Plaza
Between 1-3 offices are available for sublease in the Meridian Plaza office building, 1415 L Street, two blocks from the Capitol. The offices are approximately 150 SF each. Internet, gym, partially furnished (desk, chair, bookcases) are included. 24/7/365 key card access; floor-ceiling windows facing Sierras; professional offices. One year lease preferred. $1,500 per office. Contact Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 577-9734 with questions.
Photos: 1 | 2 | 3
Political Data Inc.
For 30 Years PDI has been California’s premier data vendor. Now, you can get live online trainings on the newest PDI software every week: