If you don't see images in this message, click "Display Images" or the equivalent.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Receive this as a forward? Get the Nooner in your e-mail box
Become a Nooner Premium subscriber to access exclusive election analysis and back end data. | Follow @scottlay
Advertise in The Nooner to reach over 8,000 readers
REMINDER: My email@example.com email address is still in DNS hell. firstname.lastname@example.org (where that other email usually goes anyway) is working just fine.
SPORTS PAGE: Good not for California teams on all fronts, except for the Padres, who fell to the Giants.
- Education: Pepperdine Masters of Public Policy (GRE waived for legislative staffers)
- Education: UOP/McGeorge School of Law: MPP/MPA (full-time or part-time, 3 miles from the Capitol)
- Education: Capitol Seminars - learn how to lobby effectively'
- Job: Attorney General's Office is seeking a subject matter expert (advocate)
- Job: Aaron Read and Associates - Legislative Assistant
- Job: Cargill Director of Governmental Relations (Newark-Bay Area)
- Job: Randle Communications
- Job: The California Dental Association seeks full-time Associate Legislative Advocate
- Job: Probolsky Research - Research Analyst - Public Opinion (Orange County)
- Job: Save the Bay Political Director
- Job: SEIU-UHW – Regional Political Organizer (Oakland or Sacramento)
- Job: SEIU-UHW -- Political Capacity Organizer (Los Angeles)
- Job: SEIU-UHW – Healthcare Justice Phone & Digital Campaign Coordinator (Oakland, Los Angeles or Sacramento)
- Job: CA School Boards Association – Public Affairs and Community Engagement Representatives (Bay Area, LA North East, Orange, San Bernardino, San Joaquin North)
- Training: PDI (Political Data Inc.): weekly online trainings of various skill levels
#CAKEDAY!: Happy birthday to Maria Estrada, Doug Haaland, and, Bill Postmus!
Also, of course candles for Amy Blumberg James, one of my longest political/policy friends. She is an amazing woman!
- Attorney General's Office is seeking a subject matter expert in areas such as civil law, criminal law, public rights and law enforcement. The Advocate represents the Department of Justice on legislative matters before the State Legislature. The job can be viewed here.
Please join the Women’s Foundation of California for the 2018 Legislative Reception, celebrating the Women’s Policy Institute State and Local classes. We will honor the accomplishments of U.S. Congresswoman Jackie Speier, Senate President pro Tempore Toni Atkins, the co-founders of the We Said Enough campaign, and co-founder of Líderes Campesinas and Alianza Nacional de Campesinas Mily Treviño-Sauceda. Join us in recognizing the leaders of California’s gender justice movement. Tue, May 8, 5–7PM (program begins promptly at 5:30) at the Sacramento Meeting Place, Adelante Room, 1414 K Street, first floor. Refreshments will be served. RSVP here!
Imprenta Communications Group Seeks Account Coordinator to Join Our Sacramento Office. Successful candidate will have 1-3 years previous experience working at a public relations agency, on political campaigns, political staff, or corporate marketing. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, professional, and dedicated individual seeking to empower communities of color. Spanish or Asian language fluency preferred. Full job description can be viewed here. Submit resume and cover letter to Ken Tiratira at email@example.com for consideration.
- Randle Communications is seeking a highly-motivated communications professional to support the firm’s growing public affairs practice. Ideal candidate has three – five years legislative/campaign experience, strong communication skills, is detail-oriented and a self-starter. Salary BOE. E-mail resume, references, cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save The Bay seeks a Political Director to lead strategic advocacy campaigns that protect and restore San Francisco Bay. Supervise policy team, mobilize our grassroots network, build partnerships with diverse interests and communities, and integrate advocacy objectives throughout the organization. Save The Bay is the largest organization working to protect and restore the Bay for people and wildlife, with more than 50 years of accomplishments. Our downtown Oakland office is a great work environment with excellent transit access. This position reports to the Executive Director and serves on the senior management team. Full description at www.saveSFbay.org/jobs.
Policy Committees and Programs Coordinator – The Council of State Governments, West (Sacramento, CA)
The Policy Committees and Programs Coordinator contributes to the organization's policy objectives and engagement with regional policy-makers and other stakeholders. This includes coordinating and providing policy committee and program support, as well as providing support of the organization's international engagement efforts, particularly between CSG West members and policy stakeholders in Mexico and Canada. Individual must be bilingual (English/Spanish), with a high proficiency to read, write and speak in both languages. CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled) csg.applicantpro.com/jobs/765554.html
LOBBYING SUCCESS IS JUST A COUPLE OF CLICKS AWAY. Capitol Seminars offers you a cost-effective, comprehensive overview of what it takes to be more successful at lobbying in California. Conducted by 43-year Capitol veteran Ray LeBov, these invaluable seminars cover the processes, touch points and best practices of Legislative, Budget and Regulatory advocacy, Lobbying the Administration and Media Strategies. You'll learn how state government "really works" from an insider's perspective. Next dates are June 7-8 and July 26-27 at McGeorge School of Law and Policy. Information / registration: www.capitolseminars.net or 916 442 5009. Note: If you tried to register between March 24-30 and could not access our site, please try again. The bug has been squashed.
- The California Attractions and Parks Association (CAPA) is seeking a qualified Executive Director. CAPA was founded in 2004 as a trade organization representing California's theme, amusement and water park industry. The Executive Director is CAPA's sole employee, whose efforts are focused on forming political coalitions, leveraging the legal, political and operational talent of its members, and supporting/opposing relevant legislation and regulation. Minimum 8 years serving on legislative staff, as a Capitol lobbyist, in-house government relations or equivalent experience. Please submit resumes to CAPA Chairperson Kris Reyes at email@example.com no later than Friday, April 27. View full job description here.
- GRE waived for qualifying government & legislative staffers to apply to the Pepperdine School of Public Policy’s Master of Public Policy program, considered the most unique policy graduate program in the country. Specialization tracks, including State & Local Policy, allow students to personalize their policy studies. Current State & Local Policy courses include, “Advanced Topics in Politics and Budgeting,” “Public Policy for Criminal Justice, Cannabis, and other Drugs,” “Permissions Development and the Environment,” and “Leadership through Public Engagement.” Find out more about this Top 10 in the West/Top 5 in California MPP program located in Malibu: publicpolicy.pepperdine.edu/masters-6
The California Attractions and Parks Association (CAPA), was founded in 2004 as a trade organization representing the theme, amusement and water park industry in California. The sole CAPA employee is the Executive Director, whose efforts are focused on forming political coalitions, leveraging the legal, political and operational talent of its members, and supporting or opposing relevant legislation and regulation. Minimum 8 years serving on legislative staff, as a Capitol lobbyist, in-house government relations professional or equivalent experience. Resumes must be submitted to CAPA Chairperson Kris Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 27. View full job description here.
- BREATHE LA is seeking a dynamic, creative and organized Manager of Public Policy and Advocacy to manage the organization’s legislative and government affairs, as well as advocacy campaigns and community outreach. This position is full-time and based in Los Angeles. Salary DOE. Details here: breathela.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Mgr-of-Pub-Pol-Advocacy-Job-Description.pdf
TOP HEADLINES ON AROUNDTHECAPITOL.COM AS OF 12:00PM
- SEIU-UHW – Regional Political Organizer (Los Angeles)
This position is responsible for a broad range of program objectives to build and strengthen our infrastructure and engage our members to be a powerful force at their worksites, in the legislative process, in the community and at the ballot box. Proven track record is a must. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. For more information on the position and to apply please visit our candidate portal at seiuunitedhealthcareworkers.appone.com/.
SEIU-UHW – Healthcare Justice Phone & Digital Campaign Coordinator (Oakland or Sacramento)
This position will develop the union’s technological and human capacity to use the phone bank to contact and build relationships with hundreds of thousands of voters, healthcare workers and patients to win 2018 candidate races, ballot initiatives, political pressure, organizing and bargaining campaigns. Your work will contribute to the growth of our member leadership, our union, and the labor movement. It will transform the resistance into the revolution. The Healthcare Justice Phone and Digital Campaign Coordinator works closely with the political, data, technology and field teams but reports directly to the Healthcare Justice Campaign Director. For more information on the position and to apply please visit our candidate portal at seiuunitedhealthcareworkers.appone.com/.
Aaron Read and Associates
2+ years of experience working in governmental affairs office; outstanding communication skills, working knowledge of legislative process, calendaring/arranging tra